I adore this song, seriously. This is the kind of song you listen to when you feel like crying but are so overwhelmed that you don't know exactly how to start.

Staples: Comfort is a huge factor in this song, as are notes of sadness. I chose a blue/neutral color palette to reflect the melancholic overall tone. A comfy, dark blue-striped boyfriend top is perfect. The dark heather gray also alludes to the static on the answering machine at the start and end of the song.

A soft belted cardigan is great for wrapping up yourself in a hug (while still giving you a bit of a waist). The side braiding adds some detail (in the fabric?.. ha) and keeps your outfit visually appealing.

Cropped jeans add polish to a wardrobe staple, while the slight distressing makes them look washed and loved. "Are your thoughts results of static cling...?"
Accessories: Ballet flats combine the class of heels with the comfort of sneakers. These ones are even made of jelly material... so comfortable. The flats tie together the gray of the top and the beige of the cardigan as well as being interesting and feminine.

I love this bag because I think the newspaper print (in a foreign language, no less) says so much about the constant overwhelming noise of life... "Everything will be fine." Plus, this particular bag is fairtrade and made of recycled plastic! Mr. A-Z and his girl Tristan Prettyman would surely approve.

I love this bag because I think the newspaper print (in a foreign language, no less) says so much about the constant overwhelming noise of life... "Everything will be fine." Plus, this particular bag is fairtrade and made of recycled plastic! Mr. A-Z and his girl Tristan Prettyman would surely approve.

These are my absolute favorite. For me, they speak of the beauty and strength in tears. Perfect.
Of course, what would a Jason Mraz song be without a fedora? :)Shoes: urbanog.com; Bag: allthingsgreen.net; Cardigan, top, and hat: Forever 21; Jeans: Charlotte Russe; Necklace: amazon.com; Earrings: overstock.com



0 comments:
Post a Comment